Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
EHS Graduates Will Be:
#1 Academically and technologically proficient individuals who:
- 1.1 Demonstrate basic competencies in reading, writing and mathematics.
- 1.2 Demonstrate competence with appropriate technological devices.
- 1.3 Locate (or access), evaluate, retrieve, organize, and present data using technology
#2 Independent thinkers and problem solvers who:
- 2.1 Build on prior knowledge.
- 2.2 Can analyze situations and create/utilize effective strategies for solving problems.
- 2.3 Collect, evaluate, interpret information from a variety of sources.
#3 Effective communicators who:
- Read, write, speak and listen reflectively and critically.
- 3.2 Convey ideas coherently.
- 3.3 Communicate through multiple creative methods academically and artistically.
#4 Responsible citizens who:
- 4.1 Understand the democratic process.
- 4.2 Demonstrate knowledge of diverse cultures, global issues and individual differences and similarities.
- 4.3 Prepare for life after school by exploring post-secondary educational and career options as well as participating in the preparation of their personal learning plan (PLP).
- 4.4 Adhere to standards of responsibility that will foster ethical behavior, social development and personal responsibility for self, school and community.
- 4.5 Develop an understanding of lifelong physical and emotional health.
- 4.6 Show creativity through academics, electives, and/or extracurricular activities.
Etiwanda High School is dedicated to developing life long learners who positively contribute to their communities, to their families and to their own personal growth